The Glengarry Fencibles Trust is the community group which purchased The Bishop’s House in St. Raphael’s and is undertaking its restoration and renovation. The group’s goal is to open the site to the public as an educational and interpretive centre, with space for community use and events. The Fencibles’ efforts will preserve an integral component of an important National Heritage Site.
The Glengarry Fencibles Trust’s gala fundraising dinner last Saturday was a success, in spite of Mother Nature’s lack of cooperation.
Since our last newsletter, the Fencibles Trust has been working on several projects for The Bishop’s House. We can’t wait to see them come to fruition as the season unfolds.
We invite you to a workshop where Dry Stone Canada will be working with us to restore the retaining wall built in the Bishop’s college garden in 1826.
Spring 2017 Fundraising Total
The Cornwall Township Historical Society has donated $2,000 to the Glengarry Fencibles Trust to assist in the renovation and restoration of The Bishop’s House, St. Raphael’s, Ontario.