Summer Sundays Return to the Bishop's House of Glengarry
May 31st, 2026
Upper Canada’s first college officially opened at St Raphael’s, Glengarry County, in 1826. Known as the College of Iona, classes began on a part-time basis in 1817.
The “Fencibles” take possession of the Bishop’s House March 31, 2016.
Why, in this province, do our grassroots member organizations have to continually struggle to save and promote our history?
Negotiations now underway for Bishop’s House, built in 1808
Demolition Planned for the home of Glengarry County’s one and only National Historic Person of Canada, Bishop Alexander Macdonell.